Educator Mindfulness Training is a 5 – part series of workshops designed to provide educators tools to develop and cultivate the skills of mindfulness. These skills can help educators promote the calm, relaxed, and enlivened classroom environment that students will thrive in. Mindfulness can also help educators be more effective at reducing conflict and developing more positive ways of relating in the classroom, which can help with overall job satisfaction.
During this training, educators will be learning and engaging in mindfulness practices and group inquiry, which will cultivate the skills of responding versus reacting in times of stress. Research has shown mindfulness to be helpful for educators by improving their own emotional wellbeing and resilience, helping them to understand student perspectives, and freeing them up to be more effective in the classroom.
Mindfulness & Stress Reduction for Educators
Teaching can be stressful! This 2-3 hours processional development session focuses on wellbeing and self-care by teaching educators strategies for managing stress and achieving a sense of balance and calm.
- Learn what mindfulness is and how it can help teachers and students
- Experience a variety of guided mindfulness practices
- Engage in facilitated inquiry based discussions with colleagues
- Discover practical strategies for managing stress and avoiding burnout
- This session is applicable for school administrators, office staff, and other personnel
K-12 Mindfulness Programs are presented as a series of workshops or as single workshops. These programs will be customized according to the age range of the students and based on the requirements of the educational institutions.